government loan for french employees?

Helen888

i read a while back (and unfortunately i can't remember where) that interest free loans for renovation or property purchase where available if you are employed in France, paying French social security etc...rates available varied according to salary. Does anyone have any further info on this?

You are talking about the prêt à taux zéro  .

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F10799.xhtml?&n=Logement&l=N15&n=Aides%20financi%C3%A8res%20et%20pr%C3%AAts&l=N305&n=Cr%C3%A9dit%20immobilier&l=N306&n=Financement%20du%20logement%20:%20quel%20type%20de%20pr%C3%AAt%20?&l=N10794&n=Pr%C3%AAt%20%C3%A0%20taux%20z%C3%A9ro&l=N10795

A nice short link that gives the official details.

The main requirements are a low income and to have not owned your own house in the preceding two years.

really link. looking at it i dont think we qualify as although salary is low we have owned the house we need to renovate for one year ; it looks like loans for renovation for houses owned for over 2 years are only possible if the owners are registered with a disability which requires ammendments to house: our house has no roof so we have to rent somewhere closer to work, we dont live in the house in question. if i've got it wrong and there is hope pls let me know!