Completing Déclaration des revenus form

moos

I'm helping a friend complete a Déclaration des revenus (Forms 2047 and 2042) for the first time and wonder if anyone knows of a site in English where I could get some help.  My French isn't bad but this is defeating me.  Am I right in thinking that it's necessary to convert all her pension income into Euros, at the rate of exchange applying at the time each payment arrived in her account?  This does seem rather fiddly given the amounts involved!  It would be great to get some help on this and other aspects of the forms. 

Moos

www.frenchtaxonline.com. The service is not free though.

If you do not want to pay then the local hôtel des impôts will be pleased to help - you will have to take your chance over finding an English-speaking staff member, though if you are in an area with a lot of English speakers there will almost certainly be somebody prepared to help.

You are filling in your form early aren't you!!

In theory it is necessay to convert the pension from £ to € for each item, but because what your friend may actually have got in euros will have varied by both date and the rate obtained , i.e. the tourist rate got from a bureau is not the same as the rate obtained from a bank transfer,  most tax offices will accept a flat exchange rate, provided that it is reasonable.  For 2005 I would have thought 1..45€ per £1 would be reasonable figure.  The 2042 and 2047 forms are really not that hard if  you have reasonable French and are just declaring a pension, e mail me and I'll tell you which boxes to complete.  Also if you have real difficulties,  Les (Derf) posted an E mail address that will answer specific queries in English, it is

[email protected]

Thanks for the help.  Actually these are forms for 2004 - they were offered so I assumed those were the current ones and since my friend hasn't already made a declaration for that year, it seemed a good thing to do so.  Do you happen to know the 'reasonable' rate of exchange for 2004?  If I get stuck I shall email you directly.  And thanks for the offer. 

Moos