Contributions Sociales

absolut

I would be very pleased to receive an  explanation of the Contributions Sociales demand which I have just received.

It appears to be a tax on the interest received on any savings and amounts to about 11%.

The strange thing is that I received a similar demand in 2003 but NOT in 2004 (This I am absolutely definite about) although a similar amount was in the account at that time!

Also, is the tax still applicable to the over 65's?

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply. Have just read all the correspondence on the subject. Pleased to note that I was not the only one confused.

Have to admit that I'm not too familiar with the workings of this machine and website. What should I have done to find  if the subject had already been dealt with please?

Thank you

You're welcome [:)]

There are two ways to check if something has been covered before.  The first would be to scroll down in the section in which you are posting (in this case French Finance) to see if someone has already posted.  This is especially true for anything to do with a recent tax or contribution demand, as these all arrive at about the same time, and always raise all kinds of questions.

The second way would be to use the search facility in the top right corner. Searching on "Contributions" would have hauled in quite a big net.