tax d'habitation for more than one house

Frank

Hi everyone,

Had a thought the other day about the habitation tax.  We will be completing the form H1 with our architect in the next couple of weeks( he will be writing to impots confirm only part renovation, all part of his excellent after service!!) for part completion of our renovation works.  We were thinking about having one bill (for simplicity) for all three houses and then add the other two when completed.  Now my thought was, if we live in one house and the other two are gites and only let for the summer, is there any way of getting some sort of discount??? Or is it wishful thinking on my part[:D]  Whilst I am expecting a very large bill this year, it  would be a nice surprise if there were discounts available, it would help towards a very large unexpected bill for the privilege of renovating!!!!  Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jetlag

[quote user="jetlag"]

Hi everyone,

Had a thought the other day about the habitation tax.  We will be completing the form H1 with our architect in the next couple of weeks( he will be writing to impots confirm only part renovation, all part of his excellent after service!!) for part completion of our renovation works.  We were thinking about having one bill (for simplicity) for all three houses and then add the other two when completed.  Now my thought was, if we live in one house and the other two are gites and only let for the summer, is there any way of getting some sort of discount??? Or is it wishful thinking on my part[:D]  Whilst I am expecting a very large bill this year, it  would be a nice surprise if there were discounts available, it would help towards a very large unexpected bill for the privilege of renovating!!!!  Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jetlag

[/quote]

Hummmmmm........

a) No combining of bills.

b) No discounts!

c) No taxe d'hab on unoccupiable (not unoccupied) property

Ask your local hotel des impots (after you have added the accents).