Finance

absolut

I am resident in France with a French bank account , but have retained my UK bank account as well, which I control on line. I am seeking to change my UK bank to another UK one but finding it difficult as I have no UK address.  Does anyone know a UK bank who would accept me (Nationwide certainly won't)

Thank you

Have you thought of the offshore subsidiaries of the UK banks?  It depends on which services you need, of course.  They may not offer everything you could get from a mainland bank but they don't worry about where you live.

[quote user="allanb"] but they don't worry about where you live.[/quote]

Well, yes and no.

If you chose an offshore savings account and decide not to declare where your tax residency is then you face an ever escalating tax retention by the offshore bank.

[quote user="allanb"]Have you thought of the offshore subsidiaries of the UK banks?  [/quote]

I don't know whether things have changed but when I looked into this I found that there were charges for running the account and they were more than I wanted to pay, so we keep our old UK accounts.

Biggest regret of our move to France? Not opening a Nationwide account before we left ...

Sue