contract hire

richierichs

Yes it exists. We run a Renovation/construction business here in France and our accountants said it is a very good way to "buy" a business vehicle, as all payments on the vehicle are 100% tax deductable, and TVA of course too if you are registered for VAT. France is vast and we do huge mileages here (kilometrages actually!) and so need reliable vehicules.

It often comes under different names but one of our four work vans that we have on the road here we bought new and is is leased on this basis and the deal is called Credit Bail. You pay a monthly fee including TVA , we claim the TVA back and then after the set period 3,4, 5 years etc, there is a residual to pay and then you either keep the vehicle or take out a new contract. The contracts come in all shapes and sizes ( with all servicing included for instance, and other options).  I had lease hire vehicules when I was in the Uk too and it seems exactly the same to me.

It also exists for plant and materiaux ( construction plant that is and office equipement). One of the larger hire compnies in France Loxam location offer long term contract hire on much of their range.

Paul.