Cotisations for Micro.

jehe

From what I have read I was under the impression that on the formation of a micro enterprise the 1st years cotisations would be in the region of 3500 euro's. I have recieved a bill of 2941 euro's headed the 'Simulation D'echeancier mensual' and just recieved another headed 'Cotisations Profession Liberale' for 1600 euro's. That is almost 4600 euro's as soon as we start. Can anyone throw any light on this anomaly please.

Hi Jehe

The 3500 quoted is a general minimum start point so if you earn up to the max you can earn for example it will be more than this.  What agencies are this bills from (e.g. URSSAF,RAM,CIPAV )as I don't recognise either heading as something I receive and I am prof lib. 

Panda

Hello

The new rules have not yet come in AFAIK but yes in the future you will only pay a percentage of actual earnings on startup.

URSSAF is the highest (by far) bill you will receive.  Yours does seem high for your first year though, someone put a link to a site where you can simulate charges this would allow you to check out what you should be paying, anyone know what it is?

Also is the one marked 'simulation' an actual bill?  The other one you mentioned is the one I have just received which tells me how much I'm paying for the year. 

We've discussed the charges a great deal on this forum but it generally works out that you pay somewhere in the order of 23% of your gross income in charges and tax, the problem you have is that for year one it is a set figure and so it is not reflecting the actual situation, this is adjusted later but is no help when you ahve to pay a big chunk of what you earn in year one out.

Panda

Also, if you earn below the current lower limit you can claim back some of your charges. I claimed back 75% of my cotisations for retirement benefits in years 1 & 2, which made a big difference. BUT you will not get the credits towards a pension if you do not pay - depends whether you will need a French pension or not. I also received a reimbursement from URSSAF without asking for it when I had a really bad year. I even received a tax credit from the tax man - not bad eh?!

[quote user="Moorejw"] you will not get the credits towards a pension if you do not pay - depends whether you will need a French pension or not. [/quote]

Don't for get that if you receive a French pension you probably won't be eligible for a E121 from the UK

Having submitted my accounts for the first year showing a loss, I received a letter from URSSAF asking for a RIB so that they could refund my over payment.

Silly me, thought I would be a reasonable refund, what did I get?

58 Euros

And on the same day as I got the refund, I got a bill for tax professional of Euros 433.

I dread to think what I would hve had to pay if I had made a profit.

Victor