Tax allowances on International with profit Bond?

milkeybar kid

Please , has anyone been through this scenario and can advise on charges and tax allowances  .

Re investing an insurance with profit bond but keeping the interest that was made over the 6 years. This Bond was taken out whilst an offshore resident.

Also,are there any tax allowances as re: the article in the threads for dividens - will the same allowances apply ? I am aware that if u were UK resident each spouse would be allowed £9,000.00 allowance against the capital gain for an international profit Bond. MBK[blink]

• 2 weeks later...

According to Art 150-0 A of the code général des impots, there is a tax free disposal limit for capital gains on investments of 25,000€ .  After this, the figures are 18% CGT plus 11% social charges = 28% of the gain. 

Details are also mentioned in this [url=http://www.pkfguernsey.com/latest/72.pdf]French Tax Bulletin[/url] which is regularly published by PKF Guernsey, who are generally considered to be ultra reliable in terms of tax advice.

It depends very much on the value of the investment. If you sell the bond for under €25,000 then no taxation is payable on any gain. If you sell and the proceeds are over €25,000 then you will be taxable on the full gain.  I assume that the investment is made up of units that can be sold piecemeal, thus with a little planning one could reduce the impact of some of the "taxes" over time.

Since January 2006 the government has introduced a progressive reduction in CGT thus after 8 years no CGT is payable.

The social tax is payable on all gains at the rate of 11%.

Depending on your circumstances and additional 8% of the gain may be payable in respect of health costs.

I would suggest a visit to the local hotel des Impots would be a great help.

ams