7WF and all that

mint

No, nothing to do with the Norman Conquest of "1066 and all that" but I seem to remember promising someone or other on the forum that I would post the results of my claim for credit d'impôt for my woodburners.

So, good as my word, here is what happened:

I, as a full-time resident (not maison secondaire owner) claimed under WF7 on the tax form for 2 woodburners.

I read a post on the forum that someone or other was allowed 50% of all the peripheries such as flue liners, etc, etc.  I therefore claimed for everything (including liners, Celotex, etc, etc).  I sent off all original invoices (invoice has got to come from ONE supplier and the SAME fitter).

Result, I got 50% of the COST of the appliances only, nothing for the peripheries.

This is just for the information of others and no way a grouse because I didn't get what I claimed for.  I am indeed very happy with the result.  I wasn't really expecting to get 50% of everything but, if you don't try, you don't get.

I hope this is of help to whoever it was I promised the info to and to anyone else out there for another time.

Meanwhile, I think a celebratory glass of something or other is in order.  Cheers![B]

More cause for celebration today.

The cheque refund has arrived from the Tresor Public today and the Avis itself  came yesterday.

Clearly, not all areas of French public services are slow and inefficient (as has been claimed many times here on the forum).

I also remember someone here saying that one day you will have cause to thank French bureacracy.  Well, for me the day is here.

I LOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU, FRANCE!!!