Credit Agricole or Nationwide?

Inca

On checking our Nationwide statement (back in the UK) I find that the withdrawals my wife and I made from our Credit Agricole ATM on 30 October appeared on 20 November attracting a lower exchange rate than should have been.   We  both drew close to the maximum that day and are £26.00 worse off due to the delay.  Has anyone else experienced this and can advise where this delay is likely to have occured.

Mike

Yes

100% caused by the French bank, it caused my statement to show that I had withdrawn €1600 in one day which is a bit beyond my limit, my delay was nearly a month. Probably someone on holiday or sick leave.

IAnother example of this tardiness is that I am just starting to receive hospital bills 16 months after the operations, the first arrived one month ago, I rang them to querie the others that should have been sent , they checked on their system and confirmed that there would be another 4 and gave me the total figure, to date only one has been sent.

Why they could not send all 5 in the same envelope with one mouse click is a mystery that can only be understood by the fonctionnaire responsibel for my dossier.

I conclude that my both my bank and the hospital are more concerned with paperasserie and keeping fonctionaires (not) busy than bringing in money in a timely fashion.

Thanks JR

Have just returned from my local branch of NW who spoke with Visa Intenational who confirm that  CA caused the delay and added,  that sometimes such delays can work in the customers favour.  I would have thought in this technological/digital age things would be more timely but as per your examples of incompetence suffered, this is not yet the case.

Mike