Taxe Professionnelle

HoneySuckleDreams

I've just received forms for Taxe Professionnelle to fill this in and i'm afraid i'm a TP virgin.

By my reckoning, reading stuff on this forum and other places, I don't need to pay anything this year as I only set myself up in business January 2008. I just have to plough through the forms.

I don't work from home, I travel to foreign parts (UK) for a few week and live out of hotel rooms. It's a bit like cheque d'emploie, I pitch up at a business, use their facilities then go home.

I am slightly concerned though of the future. It seems that the tax is based on the "valeur locative des seuls immeubles". As my valeur locative has increased by 370% this year i'm a bit concerned.  Is this a tax on profit as well? And if so, how can I show "profit". I don't make anything, or sell anything other than my experience/knowledge.  Another tax to pay! Along with everything else, car/house insurance, house running costs, cotisations, school bus/lunches...blah blah. we're living of about €300 a month...all very scary.

I know it's a generalisation, but is this tax a biggy? Or are we looking at a couple of hundred €'s. I'm supposed to be working within the BNC micro framework, so at the moment not earning over 27k. This might change next year depending on the economy problems improving slightly.