Completing an H1 form for impots locaux (tax d'habitation)

Halldfandid

I have read the various posts on the forum on this form but  I still need some help.

I completed this form last year following the completion of works on our house. When the taxe d'habitation demand came in I thought it was rather high. On further examination our valeur locative was in excess of 50% higher than the department average. Our house is not huge, it has been nicely restored but it is very modest - when I think of the massive chateaux and manoirs there are around the area, it just doesn't make sense. I spoke with the local tax department last week and they have sent me another H1 to complete to rectify what must be an error somewhere in what I put on the original form.

My questions are:

1.Does an entrance hall get included in 41A or in 41C ie in rooms for habitation or in "other" - caves, utility, etc.

2. Does the total surface area included in 41A.6 include bathrooms, shower rooms etc or does it exclude them ?

3. Does a lave a mains (one of those tiny hand basins) count as a lavabos or not ?

If anyone knows of any other thread that explains the "norms" for completing this form please then point me at it, I'd be very grateful. I'm not wanting to diddle the tax system but at the same time I don't want to pay more than I "should" !

Thanks in anticipation.

Irene

• Does an entrance hall get included in 41A or in 41C ie in rooms for habitation or in "other" - caves, utility, etc.
It should be entered in 41A5
  • Does the total surface area included in 41A.6 include bathrooms, shower rooms etc or does it exclude them ?
The figure should include the surface of all the rooms entered in 41A1 to 41A5

• Does a lave-mains (one of those tiny hand basins) count as a lavabo or not ?
Yes. It is covered by divers.