Cotisation again...sorry

Frank

Apologies if this question has been answered before, but couldn't find the info on a search. My question is about the RSI calculate the CSG/CRDS revenue for the 8% calculation for registered micro. All the info I have received from RSI and chambre of commerce was the 8% was charged on your actual revenue (after the relevant tax allowances ie bic etc), However, I have been told that the calculation is based on the revenue total plus what has been paid in cotisations in the relevant tax yr, giving a higher amount for the 8% to be based on. (resulting in surprise bills) I have also been told that the contribution isn't 45% but 48%!! I have tried searching the RSI site and impots to try and find some sort of clarification on how the calculations are done, but to no avail. As I said at the beginning, all the info I have read, been told etc prior this latest info was 45%. Given my new bill, it appears I have actually paid 52.2% which was based on varying revenue 'basis'. I have a meeting booked with the chap from the RSI to try and get it explained, as it doesn't seem quite right to me, Hope this makes sense!!! Many thanks in advance

Jetlag

Hello

I cant remember the calcualtion but it's not after adding your cotisations on, how unfair would that be!!  I recall that you specify how much your obiligatory cotisations were in the previous year (on your RSI return) and these are deducted not added on. 

Tell us how you get on with RSI, I will try and dig out my papers on it.

It should work out though that you pay around 24% of your gross income in cotisations.

Hi Panda

Thanks for your reply. I am a micro bic so should pay 45% of my revenue after deductions (as explained when I registered), which has in fact turned out to be 52.2%!! Will post the outcome of my meeting next week. Thanks again

Jetlag