Tax credit/reduction for condensation boiler

val douest

We have just had a condensation boiler installed and understand that we are able to claim 25% of the cost against our tax bill; unfortunately not 40% since it was not installed within two years of purchasing the house. Normally we fill in our tax return on the internet and we notice that there is a section (7) where we can state the amount spent.

Presumably the tax office will want documentary evidence of this expenditure. Has anyone experience of what happens in such a case, where the tax declaration is made on the internet?

hello Val - we had a tax credit for a condensation boiler in 2007. Had to provide them with the complete facture.

But our return was on paper, so can't advise about online.

I took everything into the office in Auch and spoke to the officer as I wasn't sure of the procedure.

Pat.

I declared our condensing boiler online a couple of years ago.  There is a section somewhere nearby to write additional comments in free text and I gave details there of the supplier and his invoice.  Never heard a squeak further and the reduction went through OK.

Chrissie (81)