Storm Ciaran

154 kmph just on the coast at St Nazaire, some people on the outskirts of Nantes have lost electricity.Β  Starting to die down a bit.Β  No bike ride for us today, great going with this wind behind you don't relish the idea of pedalling back against it!

Lehaut, I thought of you when I saw the news this morning and wondered how you were in Nantes.

It seems that Brittany and in particular Finistère was badly hit.  Also all that northern Brittany Cote d'Amor coast.  I thought of lovely Dinan and Cancale where we had so many delightful meals and enjoyable stays.

Wooly please report back pdq else we'd think you had submerged under those giant waves and are waiting for Norman to bring his barrel to rescue you.

Gardian and others, it is blowing nicely here over 100 kph in gusts, bushes and trees bending well over; no obvious signs of damage, touch wood. Electricity was off for a while but back on at the moment. Little rain.

I took one look this morning and went back to bed, but now back to Airfix.

Everyone else OK so far?

Spent the last few days driving down France from north to south and home .. not the nicest of weathers I've driven in, and today was particularly wet and horrendous.Β  Happily I now know the last 200 km rather well ... which is just as well given how much spray there was hiding the view .. I felt the winds of Ciaran yesterday but happily passed them by quite quickly.

Edited by Judith

Our news here in the sud ouest is that we can expect a big storm this evening.Β  It is called Domingos.Β  I have a friend called Domingo and I have written to ask "tu't'es multipliΓ©?"

Saw the news today and wondered if is is THE Flood as in Noah's?

Lehaut, I saw pictures of la Rochelle and reports of the storm in the Loire Atlantique.

Like you, we seem to have remained little affected.Β  Electricity clicked off and on yesterday evening but no cuts lasting more than a few seconds.

Also calm and placido domingo here, even some weak sunshine.

Wools, how's things your way?

Glad folks seem to be unscathed; a nasty severe late autumn moment. At least it is not cold.

Round here, lots of rain and wind, localised flooding, some damage to buildings, fair few trees down. Now we have a moment of sunlight.

I feel sorry for the kids who can’t really enjoy half term and for the grand parents that have to entertain them.

Β