Info on Aiguillon

My wife and I are considering buying a property in Aiguillon, Lot et Garonne but no nothing of the town or area. Viewing visits are time consuming and expensive so we try to research an area first. Any information-including negatives-would be very much appreciated.

Difficult to comment without being subjective. I think its a pleasant enough small town on the confluence of the rivers Garonne and Lot. Its handy for the A 62 so Bordeaux, Toulouse and Bergerac airports are all within 1.5 hours. It has a railway station on the Bordeaux Toulouse main line and a smallish supermarket. Agen has good shops and Tonniens has a largish LeClerc. Buzet-sur-Baise is on the Canal du Midi and is a good boating base as well as being the centre of the Buzet wine area. Nicole has a good view point and there are several tourist towns such as Clairac with its Abbey. All main administrative functions are available at Agen with back up at Marmande and Hotel des Impots at Tonniens. Any specific questions?

Thanks POB most grateful.

Firstly in my post:  

"......but no nothing......."  should be 'know'.  How can I begin to learn French when I haven't yet mastered simple English! I'm ashamed.

No specific questions as we have no idea what to expect. I guess what we are looking for are any negatives. I recall a post a while back from someone who after an expensive viewing trip to see what appeared to be their ideal property expressed their shock upon discovering the house was in the middle of an industrial area.This is what we're trying to avoid. Invariably it's what the agents don't tell you or sidestep that's important!

Whilst trying not to assume agents in France should behave the same as those in the UK I do have a problem with their secretive approach to a properties address and exact location - prior to visiting - for fear of the competition or dealing direct with the seller.Whenever we've moved in the UK we have first obtained the address from the agent,viewed from the outside and then,if impressed, returned to the agent for an appointment to view. Simple. French agents wont even disclose a properties coordinates on google earth or bother to find out. Hence my post.