CSG Deductible - what is it?

David

I would be grateful for some advice on form 2042K, box 6DE, CSG deductible connue, calculee sur les revenues du patrimoine.

I had thought that this was a standard deduction for having a valid E121, and that the amount was constant.  Last year this box was alongside a printed figure of 936.  Thinking this was a standard figure for having an E121, I entered 936 into box 6DE and thought no more about it.

This year the printer figure is 455, so I am apparently wrong to think that this is a standard deduction.  I also wonder why the figure is so much less than last year.

I would be grateful if anyone could advise what this figure is, or what it represents, and how to check that it is correct.

Many thanks in anticipation.

David

The amount shown next to box 6DE is a percentage of your last year's CSG bill which is allowable against this year's income tax. That's why it's variable. These 'pre-completed' amounts have a box next to them so that you if you disagree with the tax office's figures you can enter your own in the box.

Edit:  You can check the figures by looking at the schedule on the back of your last year's avis de contributions sociales where it shows the tax allowance you get for next year.

Many thanks for your very helpful reply, as always.

I have found the schedule of my last year's avis de contributions sociales which I had not understood, and just filed.  With the help of google I think I now understand what it is, and why the amount has gone down.

I will now just enter the recommended amount, which was as shown on the avis.  I still have to find out how the avis arrives at the numbers, but that is for another time.

Thanks again,

David