Tax rebates for new wood boiler - where to enter on tax forms?

David

Last year we had a new woodchip boiler and new insulated shutters fitted, which the local tradesmen assured me qualified for tax rebates.

I would be grateful if anyone could advise me where to enter these items on tax form 2042k.

Many thanks in anticipation,

David

Appareils de chauffage au bois ou autre biomasses - box 7WK.  Enter the cost of the boiler including TVA but excluding the cost of installation.

Matériaux d'isolation thermique des parois vitrées (fenêtres, portes-fenêtres...); volets isolants - box 7WQ. Enter the cost of the shutters and the installation, including TVA.

Just enter the costs as above. The system automatically calculates the tax allowances (40% for the boiler, 15% for the shutters).

If you're doing a paper tax declaration then attach copies of the invoices.  If you're declaring on-line, just file them in case of a future tax audit.

Again, many thanks indeed for a very helpful and informative post.  All sorted, now I nly have to complete the forms and get them into the tax office next week.

Maybe then I can start to cut the grass!

Thanks again,

David

While completing the tax forms, and with regard to replacing our old oil fired boiler with a wood chip boiler, I realised that I may have misunderstood the terms "cost of the boiler" and "cost of installation".

When the new boiler was installed, much new plumbing was required such as circulating pumps, expansion tanks, purgers, etc.  I had understood that these formed part of  "the cost of the boiler", and that labour charges comprised "costs of installation".

I now wonder if the "cost of the boiler" merely refers to the boiler itself, and if the new plumbing counts as "cost of installation" in addition to labour costs.

I would be grateful for your clarification.

With thanks in advance,

David

Regretably a further question arises.  Reading the FAQ's above, it seems that there is a limit of Euros 16,000 per couple for claiming tax rebates.

Last year we raided our savings and had a new boiler, new shutters, and roof insulation fitted.  In total we exceed the Euros 16,000 total for all three.  However, each item is less than Euros 16,000.

Can we claim up to Euros 16, 000 for each item, or as a total for all three?

If it is based on the total for all three, then we would plan to claim the maximum for the wood boiler and roof insulation at forty percent, making up the total with the shutters at fifteen percent.  Would this be acceptable to the tax people?  Or could the outstanding amount be deferred to next year?

Many thanks in advance,

David