tax form query- an update

soupagirl

Many thanks to the forum members who sent links and helpful replies after I had some questions about filling in the tax forms. I called in a friend who works for another branch of the tax department in the hope that she might be able to throw light upon the subject but she'd never seen a 2047 before and though she told me how she thought it should be filled in according to my situation, she wasn't sure and advised me to go to the tax office and ask for help. I rang them yesterday, was told there was no need to make an appointment, just to come along and someone would help me.  I will admit to getting up this morning with a feeling of dread, expecting a welcome at the tax office similar to that we received at the CPAM office in September when we attempted to register our S1 forms (I still want to run and bang my head repeatedly on the nearest wall if I see a man with a lilac jumper). But nothing could be further from the truth. The reception staff were cheerful and welcoming, despite the growing queue of people waving their impots forms. And yes, there was a bit of a wait to be seen by a tax officer. All well worth it- I wasn't even asked for an up-to-date copy of my great grandmother's birth certificate translated into French. The lady who dealt with me was lovely, told me exactly what to do and even told me leave bits that the tax office staff would fill in for me later using the info I'd given- thanks forum members for making sure I had my facts and figures all ready.       So, although I'm not really adding to the debate as to where to put what, since a lot of that was taken out of my hands, I hope if anyone is in a similar situation and feels like they are at the end of their tether, having nightmares about pink and blue forms then stop worrying now, take a deep breath and go in and see the experts. ( and if it's wrongly filled in, they can't blame you!). Large celebratory G&T tonight I think, glasses to be raised to the staff of Hotel des Impots, Dax.

[quote user="soupagirl"]

Many thanks to the forum members who sent links and helpful replies after I had some questions about filling in the tax forms. I called in a friend who works for another branch of the tax department in the hope that she might be able to throw light upon the subject but she'd never seen a 2047 before and though she told me how she thought it should be filled in according to my situation, she wasn't sure and advised me to go to the tax office and ask for help. I rang them yesterday, was told there was no need to make an appointment, just to come along and someone would help me.  I will admit to getting up this morning with a feeling of dread, expecting a welcome at the tax office similar to that we received at the CPAM office in September when we attempted to register our S1 forms (I still want to run and bang my head repeatedly on the nearest wall if I see a man with a lilac jumper). But nothing could be further from the truth. The reception staff were cheerful and welcoming, despite the growing queue of people waving their impots forms. And yes, there was a bit of a wait to be seen by a tax officer. All well worth it- I wasn't even asked for an up-to-date copy of my great grandmother's birth certificate translated into French. The lady who dealt with me was lovely, told me exactly what to do and even told me leave bits that the tax office staff would fill in for me later using the info I'd given- thanks forum members for making sure I had my facts and figures all ready.       So, although I'm not really adding to the debate as to where to put what, since a lot of that was taken out of my hands, I hope if anyone is in a similar situation and feels like they are at the end of their tether, having nightmares about pink and blue forms then stop worrying now, take a deep breath and go in and see the experts. ( and if it's wrongly filled in, they can't blame you!). Large celebratory G&T tonight I think, glasses to be raised to the staff of Hotel des Impots, Dax.

[/quote]

Hi,

One small word of caution  " IF IT'S WRONGLY FILLED IN ,THEY CAN'T BLAME YOU!"----no, but the mistake (and they quite often make them) could be to your disadvantage.

I say yet again--when your "avis" arrives - if you are liable to pay tax --check,or have checked--the figures very carefully, especially if the bill is substantially higher than previous years.

Thanks Parsnips for the sound advice. I know I was pretty euphoric when I wrote the post I will need to calm down and be a bit realistic. But it's over for now.....you can always say 'told you so' when the avis comes. Thanks again.