Anything exciting?

The Western France forum seems to be less 'busy' than the other regional ones, so I thought I'd ask if people know of anything exciting thats happening in the region over Easter.

We live roughly between Poitiers and Parthenay and buy both the Vienne and Deux sevres local papers, but very often we've heard about events by word of mouth rather than seeing them advertised in these papers.

How about any vide greniers? local fetes etc?

Looking forward to some suggestions for things to do - nice ones please.

Hazel

I was also wondering why this forum had gone a little quiet over the past few weeks. I know that the regions on this forum have recently been re-organised, so this is probably the cause. However, Spring could also mean that people are spending less time in front of their computers.

--------------------
http://www.sompt.com

You can buy Le Chineur magazine, which covers the whole of France for vide greniers, brocantes etc. Vende Matin and Nouvelle Republique and the Courrier have things to do sections 'on sort' is where to look. Hic and 79 the free papers also often have vide greniers, problem is that these are announced weeks in advance, so you need a diary.
www.pointsdechine.com has things listed. Just don't buy all the bargains! Save some for me.

On the subject of Brittany, we visit friends there and they have very good vide greniers in 56