Anticipation !

Hi to dept 16ners, we shall be moving to a small hamlet very close to a small village called Benest 10 klms from Champagne Mouton, one dog, one horse and need new friends who love animals ,food and wine and have a good sense of humour, and even perhaps like painting !!  house to partly renovate !! only joking ! moving March next year. Tone& Jude

Thank you for reply,  we did talk to lady owner at the restaurant in Benest ,we stopped for lunch on the day of DECISION !! I think the wine and food swayed us !! Hope fully we shall  make lots of new friends and a new way of life, after working 36yrs in our own business ( Bicycle shop) so if any body in the area wants a cycle repairing we shall be in residence March next year !

I've got an Airborne titanium road bike that has ALWAYS had a bottom bracket noise. or maybe a seatpost noise, or maybe crank/pedal noise. Bloody annoying anyway.

In UK I did a lot of Audax, cyclotouring and I did Paris-Brest-Paris last year. North Charente is very lumpy, cycling wise, you can't settle down into any kind of cycling rythmn.

I'm still trying to find a local cyclotouring club. There are lots of them, but I'm trying to find a mob that suits my pace. So far they're all comprised of very strong cyclists who cycle a fairly quick pace on the flat but DON'T SLOW DOWN AT ALL when going up hills.

I'm about 20k away from you towards down the N141

Stew