Shutters

Guest CFrost

Looking to buy some American Plantation style shutters (hinged or folding louvre type) for interior windows - anyone out there know of a supplier in Dept 17? Around 2040mm high x 2385mm wide. (4 shutters each 2ft wide approx).

I love plantation shutters but am wondering how they will work if your windows open inwards?

We had our exterior shutters made to measure by a local carpenter and they are good. I would recommend him as he did a great job but we are rather a distance from you I think.

Gill

P.S. I have just re-read your posting and realise that your interior windows probably do not have to open / close.

Hi Gill and thanks for your reply. We live in Surgeres so may be some distance from you. Our windows are sliding so think it should be OK. If you see any ready-made jobs we would love to know.

You should be aware that in some communes the style and colour of shutters are dictated by the Mairie! In our commune we can only have 4 colours (blue,brown,green,white) and no picking out the metalwork in black. (The adjoint has yellow shutters with black bars!!!)

Lapeyre do ready made volets of all styles or you can have them made to measure locally. (Drop me an email if you want more info.)

Angie