Teenagers in the Vendee

We recently moved to the Vendee (july 2004 3 miles outside Pouzauges) and my 14 year old daughter and 12 year old son, entered the French Education system in September.

I may be clutching at straws, but are there any other kids, in the same position, who may be willing to either correspond via email/letter or even meet up with my children to discuss their fears/ triumphs etc....  At present, they are the only English kids in the school and would really like someone else to talk to who understands completely what they are going through.

I too could do with someone who would be willing to share advice/woes or just needs a little bolstering when dealing with teenagers in angst !

Many thanks

Julia 

we also moved out here in july with our 13 year old daughter, but are living further south near Bergerac.She started school in september and there are 5 other english children.It is difficult for them being new and not understanding a lot and leaving all there friends behind in england but give it time and it will get easier.In England I was used to her being round at friends a lot and always having them back at our house so at the moment she's finding it a bit boring as well.If you are on msn let me know and she can have a talk to them.

• 2 months later...

[quote]We recently moved to the Vendee (july 2004 3 miles outside Pouzauges) and my 14 year old daughter and 12 year old son, entered the French Education system in September. I may be clutching at straw...[/quote]

hello Jooles it is Isa. Dont despair it will all work out in the end! xxx