Info Wanted On River Trips On The Loire - Ancenis Area

Hi All

Can anyone help me with some details or the location of river trips on the Loire please. We will have our elderly parents staying with us (Apremont, Vendee) in May & would like to take them on a river trip for a couple of hours. I have searched the internet with no avail, all information will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Marc

Hmm, Marc. Ancenis is quite a long way from Apremont...

In Nantes, on the river Erdre, there is the Bateaux Nantais company that does lunch and dinner cruises along the pretty river in rather hideous glass "bateaux-mouche" type craft. (But once you are on board, you can no longer see how ugly they are, and can just enjoy the view). We took my father and stepmother on that one year, and it was a great success.  From the website http://www.bateaux-nantais.fr/ you can click on "croisieres" and see the 1h45min "promenades", or the lunch or dinner cruises.  You have to book in advance, and obviously you have to turn up on time, or the boat leaves without you.

Oh, I see farther down the Crosieres/Promenades page that they also do one along the Loire within Nantes, past sugar refineries and the like.

I have been on another, shorter, afternoon trip on the Sevre Nantaise, from Vertou, on which you admire the leafy surroundings and sip a glass of Muscadet (no meral).  However I don't know if that still functions - I thought it was Bateaux Nantais that ran it, but can't see anything on their website about it.

Angela
www.the-vendee.co.uk