lonely in Dept 11

Hello all

We are newcomers, recently moved to Dept 11, nearest towns Mirepoix or Pamiers.  I am seeking to make contacts in this area.  I have young children who need to make friends, and so do I!  So far I'm not having much luck with French creches, as they appear to favour working mums.  Does anybody live near me, or have any suggestions with regards to getting my kids into a playgroup etc?

thanks

[quote]Hello all We are newcomers, recently moved to Dept 11, nearest towns Mirepoix or Pamiers. I am seeking to make contacts in this area. I have young children who need to make friends, and so do I! S...[/quote]

I hope that you are enjoying your new life in France. We haven't moved out there yet but get over as often as we can. We have a house near lavelanet just south of Mirepoix which is our favourite town. I will be travelling down on the 16th December for three weeks and will be on my own for the first week after which my husband will join me. If we keep in touch maybe we could meet up for coffee in the Castignolles cafe in mirepoix. Sorry can't help with the children but have asked a friend who lives in Mirepoix if she knows of anywhere.