GOLF in Aquitaine

I'm about to book two rounds of golf somewhere around Biarritz for September.  There are many clubs to choose from all with their own merits but I'd be very interested to hear anyone's suggestions for the best two courses in the area that a group of 10-18 handicappers mights enjoy.  Perhaps we might take time to play at Pau on our way back to the Gers - would it be worth the detour?

Many thanks

OK - friend Peter went there in a group - he says all courses are superb and the 5 he would recommend are Biarritz in the town (but difficult to book at short notice) Ceignosse - his favourite 40 minutes north, Moliets 50 min north links course, 2nd favourite, Makita 20 minutes south superb but hilly, and Chiberta near the town.  He says all courses are suitable for players with that level of play.   Went on to say that the tour his group did in Biarritz was one of the best they have done - and they go all over the continent playing.  He says all the courses have websites to help you book.

He has not played Pau but says it is probably worth the detour as the town is so nice so a jolly stop anyway.

Hope that is a bit of help.

Maggi

Hi Maggi

That's a great help - thanks so much for the information and please thank Peter on my behalf.  The only problem will now be trying to make a decision as to which ones to play!  I think we'll eventually try all of them as they aren't more than 2 hours drive from our house but it's just finding the time really with so many other things to do.

Many thanks,

Kim  [:D]