Can anyone point us towards a long term rental in 09/11/31/southern 81?

Hi all

After several false starts and more than the usual amount of nail-biting trauma (don't ask), we finally exchanged contracts on our UK house yesterday and are now somewhat urgently looking for a long(ish) term let, ideally 6-9 months, from January, February or March 2007 while we search for The Perfect Home. Our preferred areas are 09, 11, 31 or southern 81, though we'd consider going a bit farther afield.

We are two - er - middle-aged adults, until recently the owners of a small restaurant with rooms in north Norfolk and so I guess you could say that we're pretty well house-trained! We're happy to look after gardens/chickens/do bits of decorating/whatever ... No pets or children, and we don't smoke or have any other unsavoury habits. We'd like a phone (or at least internet access), some outside space and a couple of bedrooms, but otherwise are quite flexible.

We'd be delighted (relieved/ecstatic) to hear from you if you have something you could offer or know someone who has ... Thanks!

Kalba

Hi Kalba - welcome to the forum.

I don't have an answer to your question (though I'm sure someone here can either help you or aim you in the right direction). Are you clear about whether you are looking for a let or work/accomodation as housekeepers?

I just wanted your first post to get a welcoming reply!

Hi Dick

Thanks for the welcome. No, we're definitely not looking for work (have just finished 8 years of 8-and-a-half day weeks as restaurateurs!); we're simply looking for somewhere to hang out while we house hunt. However, every time we've ever rented for a month or two in France (and believe me that's a lot of times) we've ended up doing all sorts of odd bits of work on the house/garden/dog to make it function better, so I just thought I'd throw that bit in to make us look like Good Tenants!

But hey - that doesn't mean I want everybody with a ruin to fall over themselves with offers ...

Kalba