water bill

hi just received my water facture  ,and it seems to be excessive .VRAIMENT!the many deductions for water quality, tax this tax ,that tax ,etc .although the cost for actual water used is quite low .its obviously a french local tax thing !si seulement j,avai plus d,argent !cordialement john

You may have been receiving estimated bills and now they've been and actually read your meter. It's worth making a note of the reading and with everything turned off have a look again after as long a period as you can. This will show if you have any underground leaks or if your neighbour has tapped into your supply.[:D]

Sorry, just ignore this drivel, I've just read what you have said, again..[:)]

hi bugbear so what do you think ? after reading my drivel ? i suppose what i was asking  was " do people find water usage expensive in france " sorry about this it looks as though ive just dug a big pit pour myself  never mind cordialement john

[quote user="GUEPE"]hi bugbear so what do you think ? after reading my drivel ? i suppose what i was asking  was " do people find water usage expensive in france " sorry about this it looks as though ive just dug a big pit pour myself  never mind cordialement john[/quote]

I was, as Dick so eloquently put it, referring to my own words, not yours.

But, no problem................................[:D]

hi bugbear ..and i appologize to all who replied to my water question .now that i have taken the trouble to read the ABBONNEMENT section of the bill, its the fixed charges .montant independent de la consummation  correspondant a la mise a disposition et destine a couvir des charges fixes  .and i have no excuse, look at all the cognates in there ! cordialement john