Perigueux holiday swap wanted...

(or budget accommodation) from 4 to13 August 2007 (i.e. 9 days), for couple.

Our house to swap is in Herault, 45 mins. from the Med. beaches, 30 mins from the mountains. The house is simple but comfortable, in centre of market town, in the gorgeous Orb valley.

We need somewhere to stay in Perigueux for those 9 days because husband is cycling fanatic, and committed to the "Semaine Federale de Cyclotourisme", this year based in Perigueux (which means that during that time you will see an awful lot of bicycles in the whole area!!!!). Besides, since I was born in Perigueux and have never spent any time there, I look forward to the visit and hope to find the street where I was born...

So we could either swap homes - I am happy to look after a cat, since you would have to be an unconditional cat lover to care for mine during that time - or if you have budget accommodation to let...

Please pm me with any offers, ideas, propositions, and for more details. Thanks.

Thanks Susie - I realise it IS tricky, peak season etc....

My husband hopes to be a full participant, and will bring 2 of his bikes I think[:)]. It is not a race, just daily circuits for cyclotourists. Each day there are 3 different circuits planned for the (up to 15,000?)keen cyclotourists who are all shapes, sizes, ages and genders. The circuits vary in intensity and length (from 50kms to 120 I think, or so).

What they all share is "l'amour du velo!" I might bring my bike too, but only to go and get the baguettes every morning, or to go swimming...

If the worst comes to the worst, and we can't find any accommodation, we might have to resurrect the old campervan... if it will go that far...I have faith that we will find something, as it is a good opportunity to visit our area too!