We're going to Pau for the day with friends and are looking for a good place to have a leisurely Sunday lunch.  Can anyone please recommend somewhere that serves good regional food with good ambience?  I've been searching the internet for ages and have come up with O'Gascon which sounds  as if it might fit the bill but I'd love to hear from anyone that knows better!

Many thanks [:)]

• 5 weeks later...

Hey thanks again for the recommendations.  We didn't actually go to Pau on that day in the end as it was pouring with rain here in the Gers, but we do intend to go in the very near future.  Trouble is now I will be spoilt for choice!

We did go for a brilliant meal here locally however which was a real discovery.  For anyone in the Gers looking for an exceptionally good lunch or dinner then try Le Phare in Moncrabeau near Condom.  Don't be put off by the look of the place - the food is gastronomic, the welcome is warm and the four course meal for four with two bottles of very good wine and coffee came to just 150 Euros.  I'm not related to them honestly!!!

Kim