Advice needed .....

TanTan64

My Partner and I are looking at buying a Barge in France to set up as our home and to look at it as a potential income earner for me as Charter/B & B. My Partner recently started working off shore for a Dutch Co. and at present he pays his tax in UK, and I recently became unemployed! Would someone be able to advice us which way ahead as he works off shore and is out of the Uk for more than 183 days per year whether the same benefits in the Tax system apply here for us to be able to make France our home. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know what tax advantages you mean, so I can't comment on that. AN Other is probably the best person on this.

If you are planning to operate a barge, rather than just having it as a house boat, you'd better do some serious research into the rules about insurance, licensing, inspection and skipper qualifications. This counts double for commercial (including passenger) use.

thank you for your response. Yes research has begun in earnest with regards to barges and a business. Feels daunting however remaining optimisitc as talking to so many they have all said its do-able it can just be a long administrative road..However French is improving..