Actually - as our picture will denote.... my "wonderful" other half - was (as is usual) being a tiny bit premature!

We have in fact today received a very nice email to tell us that the hotel in question is fully booked!

I have now spent the last two hours trying to book another -  ANY hotel - to no avail

Actually - I did manage to book the I**s but when the email came through it was for TONIGHT!!!

Quick hasty phone call in "drunken" French (yes I've had one or two glasses) to said hotel to let them know it was a mistake and I wanted the 14th July - they're full and will cancel tonight!

Oh m***e! Looks like we're sleeping in the car that night!

Jo (Hicc)

Yes Hegs, that was our intention too. We were going to drive up and stay overnight so that we could have a meal and a drink without worrying about driving home - looks like we'll be drawing straws instead! That is unless anyone knows whether trains/buses will be running from Quillan? I suppose they won't make that decision until later, I do know that normally on national holidays the buses don't run. Maybe they'll make an exception for this???

Jo

Just to add a little counter balance,I find the sight of old men(mainly)in licra bunched up looking at the bottom of the rider in front, blocking the road(against the code de la route) weaving all a cross the road not only a danger to other road users but none road users aswell,would like the french police to arrest them and take them off the road.

• 2 weeks later...