Hi

Just a few things I noted on the Nimes - Luton route :

1)At security in Nimes, they were sending people back who had more than 1 item of cabin luggage.

2)Technology has caught up with hand luggage. Nimes airport has now installed a pair of bathroom scales next to the Xray machine.

3)There are new road works from the Luton airport turn South. Yesterday, there was an accident somewhere in the middle of the road works, and I missed my flight. This applies to both those arriving from North & South. There were plenty of others in the queue to book tickets for today. We exchanged stories !

4)Ryanair still charge a flat GBP40 in these circumstances.

Peter

And if anyone likes to park their car up top at Nimes, you should know that

1. the pedestrian/disabled entrance is closed, so luggage and wheelchairs have to climb 6 steps

2. the "Hors service, please go to Caisse 2 downstairs" sign on the parking payment machine is lying.  The downstairs machines are also hors service, and you pay at the borne at the sortie.

Apart from that, lovely trip to Nimes today.  [:)] 

Some interesting stats about Ryanair, BA Connect (I think) and EasyJet in today's Sunday Times. Ryanair comes ahead of the pack in most areas.

We all moan about them but what I tend to keep coming back to is the fact that before Ryanair there wasn't much in the way of options when travelling to anywhere outside the major European cities and even then travel to those destinations cost an arm and a leg.

I lived in Ireland when the most expensive route in Europe (if not the world) was the Aer Lingus flight to Paris from Dublin.

Ryanair forced the fares down and opened up parts of Europe that people never would've thought to go previously because it was just too difficult and expensive to get there.