Restaurant in Carcassonne for new years eve

That's a bit strange - for the last five years both the hotel de la cite and the barbicane restaurant have been closed over Xmas and New year - maybe they have changed this year.

There is actually not much open in the Cite itself on New Years Eve. The vast majority of the bars and restos are closed. There is a small resto/bistro in the place de petits puits (whose name I forget)  that was open the last couple of years.  The Brasserie de Donjon is open but I'm not sure if this is just for Hotel guests. Compte Roger is normally open and they do a fantastic celebration meal (8 plus courses over 4-5 hours) It is however just a meal - i.e no entertainment , dancing etc . ( cost around 90 euros pp drinks not included)

The Hotel Mercure - just outside the gates to the cite do a dinner/dance kind of event and that can be quite lively - don't know what the food is like 'cos have never eaten there. New Year's day brunch is very good though.

Depends what you are looking for - if you want an enternainment evening - i.e music, dancing as well as food then there are a number of the hotels in the bastide that do that sort of thing. If it is just really good food then it has to be Compte Roger or Franck Putelaat at le Parc http://www.leparcfranckputelat.com/. Don't know if he is open on 31st though.

hope that helps

Hagar

I can't really recommend any place as I haven't tried them. Only know about the Mercure as we have some friends who stayed there over New year a couple of times.

Around late nov/early dec the hotels/restos that do a New Year (St Sylvestre) special start to advertise them - a few in the local press but mostly plaquettes/posters in the restos themselves.

rgds

Hagar

• 2 weeks later...