selling near perpignan

we have reluctantly decided to sell our lovely villa in a village near the sea! family reasons - sick mum need to be closer to all the family. had a brilliant 20 years so we're not complaining but now it's time to move back to England we feel.

just wondered if anyone knows anywhere in the area we might get hold of some packing cases for all those household bits and bobs.

Thanks

ah, thanks, sweet 17.

early days still.

haven't even put the place on the market yet but are trying to get ourselves organised.

however, we need to decide what to take and what to leave.

might even sell the house furnished which could suit someone buying as a holiday home.

have discovered a brilliant website - shiply - they take part loads from and to anywhere. you just say what you need moved and then you get bids from various firms.

they keep underbidding each other until you accept one - like a dutch auction.

Just joined the forum so maybe too late with your enquiry. Have you tried your local supermarché for boxes? i asked mine the other day and was given as many as i wanted and they were all neatly folded!!!

Anyway wish you luck with your move back to England.[:)]

Argh bubbles - what a very hard decision to make, I wish you the very best of luck - what a shame we are so far away in the Jura as we have about 100 moving boxes in the Grange, with many with incorporated clothes hangers. Good luck with sorting things out - and hopefully finding good homes for them, like Emmaus. It takes a lot longer to give things away than put them in a skip - but it feels a lot better. Courage.

• 1 month later...