Yes I know gweek there is a seal rescue place tere .... Loverly area .

A lot of Cornwall is now owned by holiday makers and some villages can almost close down for the winter.

It can be cold up the top some times but for the walks and space its well worth being there , as long as the log fire is burning well .....

How much building work do you have to do ??

• 1 month later...
Hi folks, only just found this thread.

We were up near Villardonnel for the Ferm en Ferm a week or so back and picked up a paper from a group still trying to stop the golf course, so it ain't bin done yet. They were talking about the millions of litres of water that would be wasted on keeping it green.

As far as the diggings are concerned, I asked a friend who works in the Consiel General about some similar work by Cité2, East Carcassonne, and he said that when any development work that is carried out they have to do a lot of trench digging to ensure that there are no anchient remains like Roman, etc. So that is probably what they are.

Golf course. There is a golf course at the Domiane d'Auriac by Carcassonne hospital. I have no idea as to how much for a round as I would hate to actually pay to spoil a good walk[:-))] There is also a very good bistro there and one of our favorites. Weekday 3 course lunch for 17€ + wine. We love the place and have had a lot of very good lunches there. The staff are excelent and they always make a fuss of Celé, our chokky lab. I know you know her well Pads, but Nomoss doesn't[:D]

http://www.domaine-d-auriac.com/bistrot.php

Unless you have just won the pools I would steer clear of the actual restaurant. Very, very nice and the price tag to go with it!

Pads probably won't answer for a while Nomoss, 'cause she's up on 'er 'ill at the moment!