Hi, Mick & I have had a house in the Contentin for 4 yrs. We are moving permanently in October and I'd like to take some French language classes - anyone any info of classes in or around St. Lo/Carentan/Lessay/Coutances?

PLus, I'm a qualified lecturer and hold a TEFL qual - any idea how to get part-time work as an English language assistant?

Looking forward to the move with excitement and trepidation!

Cheers
Michelle

LAST EDITED ON 26-Jan-04 AT 10:49 AM (GMT)

There are classes available both in St Lo and Carentan............beginners classes in Carentan and both beginners and level 2 in St Lo. If you would like anymore information then you can phone the tutor, Regine Vincent at the Greta des Estuaires on 02 33 77 30 90. You may have to leave a message, but she will phone you back. The class in Carentan is a bit low on people, so I am not sure if it will continue to run.
It is still possible to join in the existing classes, you will pay a reduced fee. If you have, or have applied for your Titre de Sejour (Yes they are still giving them out at St Lo!!) and your Carte Vitale, then you will pay even less!

Where are you moving to?

Chris

PS Just realised that you have said you are moving in October - obviously too late for existing classes, but bang on time to join the new ones in October!!!

I know it's out of the area covered by the original question, but still in 50 - classes are avilable with a native French speaker (who has very good English) at Vezins, just west of St-Hilaire-du-Harcout. Beginner, intermediate and advanced levels, 5 per session of about 1.5hr.

A bit further south still, lessons are run by http://www.euromayenne.org

Will (50)