Dear All

I was hoping to continue an umpiring course I started in London two years ago and discovered that they hold these courses in Paris, during the winter. I was also told that there was a cricket club at Les Ormes between Comberg and Dol de Bretagne, run by a Mr Pullen from Epiniac. I was given a number for him but was told this number didn't exist. White Pages have no mention of him.

Does anyone have any info re this. Is there a cricket club here?

Many thanks & regards

Jake

Hi Jake,

About 5 years ago I taking photographs at the Chateau des Ormes at Dol de Bretagne for a travel company when I found that there was a cricket ground at the back of the chateau and it was in regular use. I think that they have regular matches with British and French teams.
I don't know much (anything !) about cricket but I hope that this is of some help.

Regards,

Les.

LAST EDITED ON 13-May-04 AT 07:34 PM (BST)

Jake,

Les Pullen upped sticks (wickets!) and moved to Eymet with his parents a while ago.

The Brits still play cricket at Des Ormes, our guests have just come back from a days golf at the said Des Ormes and our son worked there for a summer 2 years ago.

97% of holiday makers at the enormous complex are Brits!!

I digress, if you want I will get you the contact number from some dear friends of ours who used to do the teas and sandwiches at the home games, until recently deciding to pack it in.

The cricket team are always looking for helpers Jake.

The good thing about being a member of the social side, is that you are allowed to use the Des Ormes facilities for you and the family, good deal indeed.

Miki

• 2 weeks later...