Hello, New to the forum. We wondered if anyone knew of a chimney sweep in Dept 22 near Guingamp. We have been looking for over 2 years now. We did manage to find one but was unable to communicate in French. If anyone knows of an English speaking sweep,please would you let us know.

Also does anyone know if sweeps could install a woodburner? Can't wait to get it going.

Many Thanks for any help.

[quote]Hello, New to the forum. We wondered if anyone knew of a chimney sweep in Dept 22 near Guingamp. We have been looking for over 2 years now. We did manage to find one but was unable to communicate in F...[/quote]

I can't vouch for other towns or villages but in our village the local roofer also cleans chimneys and has arranged for his mate the chimney liner installer expert to come along and arrange to install a liner for me.

I speak very little french (shame on me) and the 2 workers speak no english but we got there fairly easily with the help of a good english/french dictionary and lots of laughs (at least from me).

Have a go with your local man, arm yourself with a pre-worked out speech and hopefully you will have your wood burner up and running for the winter of 2005/2006.  You didn't expect it to be done this year did you??

Weedon (53)

Thanks Weedon,

We wasn't expecting anyone to reply so quickly.

We will give it go and see what happens.We are going out at the end of October so we will try to find someone who will be able to sort it for us. Maybe we could find details of a roofer at the local Maries office in the next village as our hamlet only has 11 properties in it. All the neighbours are very nice but we do not like keep asking them for help.

Thanks once again,

Huckle