Having been adopted by a stray dog three months ago (more or less a poodle, according to local vet) we now have a major problem because we have to go back to the UK from October to December and then possibly January to the end of February.  He's cute and amusing but attempts to find his original owners have failed and the neighbours all respond with an adamant "Non" when asked "Vous voulez un chien?" He's too nice to dump on the SPA and despite my husbands' reservations I'd like to get him boarded during the winter and sort out a pet passport for next year.Would anyone in Centre Manche consider boarding him for me?  

Have given this some thought but decided that our female labrador who is very territorial and sometimes a bully would make it too much of a chore if they didn't get on. If there was a problem, we'd have to keep and exercise them apart and as we're about to start major house renovations and may end up living in a caravan during part of the winter... extra dog: bad idea! We also have to board our dogs intermittently so would have to do the same for yours.

You mentioned sorting a passport out for him next year. Do you mean you're starting the process now? Has he had all his jabs including rabies and been chipped? If the procedure is the same / similar to the UK, it takes 6 months from a successful blood test so you'll have the passport by next April... and if you've initiated all that, someone might be more willing to take him on as a temporary guest... rather than think they might end up with him permanently.

Good luck with finding him lodgings.

Carole

Manche - 50

Thank you for considering the prospect anyway  The answer to Pet Passport is not yet because the plan is that if we can find someone to board him then we will take him to their local vet so he can go and have his blood test after we've left and everything will have been done at one practice.