Can anyone tell us what`s the going rate for Logs ? Is there anywhere near Brecey where we can get them delivered?

Many Thanks

We have just paid 120€ per corde for 3 cordes, which might just about see us through the winter - now that was a lot of wood to stack, mind you there's nothing like a well-stocked wood pile to make your heart glad!!

Can't help with a supplier in your area, I'm afraid. We asked our neighbour, who asked his boss, who arranged for his neighbour to deliver the wood!! You could also try the small ads in your local paper - I think you'll find that most deliver, but if you can find some on recommendation, you are less likely to get 'short-changed' on the quantity, she says, speaking from experience!  

Regards

Chris

Hi Ronni

We were in Brécey last Christmas & had wood delivered by a farmer who had a card in the window of Pointe Verte (garden centre by the swimming pool). I think we paid about €120 ish (can't remember exact amount) for 3 cubic metres. He was a lovely old guy who brought his grandson with him as he was just starting to learn English. Needless to say he was so shy he didn't mutter a word. I can't remember the guys name but we still have his phone number - 0233487282.There were also adverts in the window at Marche U for wood providers. If you only need small amounts then Mr Bricolage were selling bags of wood. There are also plenty of ads in the local paper.

Hope this helps...

How was your visit in August? I take it you're going over in the colder weather?

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

We had a great time thanks, we managed not to do too much work and have a "normal" (as my children call it) holiday!! We did put a few shelves and smaller bits that have actually made quite a difference . Since then as you might have gathered we have had a woodburner installed which is amazing! We are over for a few days at half term so it can rain, snow or freeze! I won`t mind as long as I have my logs! Thank you for the Log Contact.

Regards