Hi Jenny. Thanks for your e.mail giving me your address which I must appologise for not replying to. Anyway there are no parks like you describe round here except one with just a couple of swings near us. Most french families have swings and slides in their gardens round here and the parks are usually just a little bit bigger than a garden to walk round,not the same as UK ones. We used to take our kids and bikes and ride on the sand near St.Efflam as our local beach is too rocky and deep sand. I will call in sometime in the next week as I know which house is yours now having seen the car outside when I went to Lannion a couple of weeks ago. In Morlaix and Lannion the only parks with swings and slides are on sites with adjoining flats and are for the residents.

Thanks Val, we took them down to one of the bays nearby, there's a bit of wide road there where they can rollerblade/scooter/fall over!

I thought I was going crazy not seeing parks, not something I'd realised we'd miss here, there were a couple of swings on St. Efflam but they were taken down at the end of the Summer - to protect them from the weather I guess.

No worries - pop in anytime you're passing.

Jen

p.s. we need a professional opinion on something from your DH, we've got your phone number, so will ring early next week.

• 3 weeks later...

I particularly enjoy the water gardens at Mael Carhaix. They have a superb walk through gardens and around the lake and also have a park area for the children to play in, near the camping area and the beach lake.My children have enjoyed this area immensley as they grew up and I am looking forward to taking my 5 day old grandson for a many excursion playtime moments to this park. We have watched this park in its development and have enjoyed entertaining young and old with its facilities.

Christina