Hi, we were in La Haye du Puits today and saw an advert for an Anglo-French club, unfortunately their last meeting was 3 weeks ago in Georges (50) we would be delighted if anyone has any further information on this club, telephone number or date of next meeting etc, thank you.

I can't find a place called Georges among the list of 'les 602 communes de la Manche'. Several St Georges - or perhaps, knowing the parochialism of most of these associations, the meeting was at George's house (as if those of us outside the clique have a clue who George is?).

I do know of an Anglo-French Association based in 50, though rather further south of La-Haye-du-Puits. It has a sort of web site, http://www.afactp.org

.............can't help any more, other than to say, perhaps you mean Gorges, which is sort of between Periers/Carentan/La-Haye-du-Puits?? There is also an Anglo French association in Coutances, but, again, I'm sorry I don't have any further info than that!! (not a very useful post, really!!)

Regards

Chris

Yes, it probably was the Anglophone Association of Coutances that you saw. There you are, ChrisB, your post was useful after all.

There are several contact numbers in local directories (some might be out of date).

Try; 02 33 56 41 77, or 02 33 90 95 20  [email protected], or 02 33 47 02 81.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

The group based in Coutances is L'Association Anglophone de Coutances/English Speaking Association of Coutances.

Spookily enough I just logged on today to post details of our Annual Horticultural Show which will be held on the 27th August in the Salle des Fetes in Marigny, 50570. With over 40 classes to enter there is something for everyone to enjoy. There will also be a Craft exhibition. If you've nothing to enter why not come along and admire the entries whilst enjoying light refreshments provided by the members of the Association? The Salle des Fetes will be open for viewing from 14h.30 until the Prize giving at 17h.30.

Email me for a show schedule or details on how to join the Association.