Please we are having a small family reunion next week and have been recommended to go to this restaurant.  Is this the one please that was once owned by Novelli.  Has anyone been there please and if not can someone suggest a good restaurant between say Vire and Villedieu  in that some of the family are coming from Vire and the others near Villedieu and Avranches.

many thanks

Yes, it was started by Jean-Christophe Novelli. As I understand it, he set it up as a gift to his parents, with his protege chef, Jean-Marie l'Enfant in charge. The parents were not really interested, and when Novelli got into financial difficulties he sold it to l'Enfant and the maitre d - who still own it. Many of the dishes still bear the Novelli signature and it is truly excellent. We often eat there on special occasions. It is not expensive for the quality of food and service, but does, naturally, get very popular at weekends. Do phone them to make the booking, they are used to dealing with English speakers, though it's also popular with the French.

For those who do not know it, it is at Cuves, 50. 

we were also there on the 19th, celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. the food was excellent. i found the service a tiny bit too attentive, but would recommend this restaurant highly.

llwyncelyn - i guess you were in the party outside on the terrace with some young children? hope you enjoyed the evening!

jane

No sorry we went at lunchtime had a great meal but were the only ones there. 

We had the 32 euros menu and it was good but not great but the attention to detail and presentation was something else.

Any other suggestions for restaurants and we say that brasserie at the roundabout by the ramparts at St Lo and is sister restaurant on the first floor take some beating.  Also is it the Hotel La Poste at Ste Hilaire is also good in our opinion.