Would be very grateful indeed if anyone knows how to go about finding a reliable someone to install a chimney liner (v.high chimney!) Husband and friend are keen to do it but I'm rather worried about the whole business and would like to use a professional (just this time!) we live near Gorron (53)

Assuming that you want to instal a wood burning stove, if you haven't already bought it, you will find all retailers offer an installation service.  We bought ours from Magasin Vert.  Their installer came round to check that the stove we wanted suitable for the room; checked what bits and pieces would be necessary and then arrived a couple of weeks later to do the job.

At this time of year there are a lot of promotional offers and a lot of choice available and I think you still pay the 5.5% rate for TVA.

[quote user="la bezarderie"]

At this time of year there are a lot of promotional offers and a lot of choice available and I think you still pay the 5.5% rate for TVA.

[/quote]

I saw somewhere recently that for some stoves there's also a credit against your impots.

Steve

Thanks for replies but we have an excellent wood burning stove ..unfortunately the previous owner of our house  who put in the wood burner, did not bother to install a liner in the chimney..so I am still looking for a local professional installer and would be delighted to receive any recommendations..