I'd like to make some extra money as a private tutor in Morlaix. I'm certified to teach Business English, as well as English for Young Learners. Does anyone know how I could go about advertising these services in Morlaix? Should I speak to the schools? Thank you in advance for your help!

Kind Regards,

Jasmine

If you want to work freelance, even part time, you need to be registered as a business before you are allowed to start advertising. Auto entrepreneur might be suitable for you. You would then declare your earnings, pay cotisations on what you earn (around 25%) on a kind of PAYE basis. and income tax (if applicable) can be paid either PAYE or along with your other tax at the end of the year.

The other way is to work via chèque emploi.

Or you can do both.

For kiddies you could try putting cards in shops, I've seen plenty of cards advertising English tuition, no idea how well it works. For adults, if you keep your eyes open you sometimes you see agencies such as adiscos advertising for an English tutor in your area, typically to take on a student and deliver 1 or 2 hrs of tuition a week over 3 months or so.