Soon to buy in Creuse - but isolated?

I have just returned from a week's house-hunting in Creuse and belive I have found 'the one'. Being a batchelor once again (after some 20 years)my concern is that the area, whilst beautiful, could result in one being a recluse, even if not intentional.

Thoughts?

regards

John I. Stephen
Villa 139, Eid Compound
P O Box 92851
Riyadh 11663
Saudi Arabia

Tel : Home +966-1-248-3366 x2139

Where in the Creuse? We live near St' Gaultier, and although the house is quite isolated, we find the people here very easy to approach, and very helpful. There are also a good few 'Brits' around, but not enough to be overpowing. You are right - the area is a lovely place to live.

Think you'll end up with the best of both worlds - a nature lovers paradise and the gathering of the clans. The choice will be yours. Can't say I have met any other Brits where I am, but a few Dutch folk. Great place all the same, reminds me of being a kid in Devon. Hope you love it as much

SJ

Similar thought I am soon to jointly buy with a friend a house in Creuse About 1 hour north east of limoges to be more precise 10 minutes from Bonnat Isolation has appeal as well as some reservations Its likely that there will be times when one or either of us will be there on our own Neither of us yet intend to live permantly in France However we are in the process of making contact with a british families who have lived there for some years and hoping to make more links
Recent articles in French lifestly magazines have indicated that Creuse is likely to become more popular in the next few years
will keep posted as events unfold

we've just bought in Creuse - partly because of the isolation - beautiful unspoilt countryside and peace and quiet. However one or two Brits have already introduced themselves and I am sure we will meet lots of locals too.

Hope all works out well for you