Co-operative wine cellars

We are looking for details of co-operatives in the Loire Valley. We are travelling down from Le Havre to the Correze in September and thinking of stopping off at one to stock up on the way down. The route we will be taking will probably take us down towards Tours/Azay and then down towards Le Blance from there, so somewhere on the route would be ideal.
Are there any websites with lists?

Nigel T

If I understand your directions correctly, then if you will be coming from the Le mans direction you have a number of choices of routes. Come down the D31 for Ambiose and turn right over the river bridge for Tours D751(the road runs parallel to the river) and there are several caves/ co-operatives and established places selling wines (avec degustation)as you travel along. There is a good co-operative just outside Montlouis which again has a good selection. You will be spoilt for choice but try Montlouis (White-2001-2002) Chinon (red), Touraine(red), and also Vouvray(white). You can also pick up a nice Saumur.There are so many good wines at reasonable prices I suggest if you are that serious about the wine take a 7.5 ton truck.

If you are heading down to Le Blanc, then try Domaine de Ris(white and red) at Bossay sur Claise (D106-10Kms, East of La Roche-Possay D725).

If you are visiting Azay, there is an excellent viticulteur in Panzoult, D757 17kms from Azay, then take the white road D21 to the right. I have forgotten the name but just hic-cup and ask.
Hope that helps,Enjoy yourself
Aitch