Other places to visit near Oradour

Hi,

Have friends staying this week with 2 kids of widely differing ages. The eldest wants to see Oradour Sur Glane but the youngest is not keen at all. We have enough adults around to split up into two parties, so that some can visit the Martyred village and the others can go elsewhere.......................

Hence my question - does anyone know of any other attractions within say 20 minutes drive of Oradour where a 7 year old could be entertained for a few hours - for example lakes, leisure park, aquarium, petting zoo etc etc.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

Penny

LAST EDITED ON 29-May-04 AT 09:14 AM (BST)

]

Hi Penny,

Try the Bellevue amusement park which is just up the road from the airport. Take the signs towards Nieul (turn right out of the airport) and it is about two miles along on the right.

I have not been yet but plan to go this summer so would be interested to know what it is like. Looks ideal for a seven year old (and grown up children!).

www.visitorama.com/87
Then scroll down to parc-Bellevue.html

Try the above as it has a map and opening hours.

Regards
Juley

I visited Oradour - yesterday - chilling place. Took my 12 year old and 14 year old and I'm not really sure they fully comprehended the horror of it all.

I'm glad I went - it reminds me how much I owe those who suffered during the war.