St Germain -belles

Well Cap'n hope you have better luck than us looks like it will be the end of May now before we complete... and just to add insult to injury we sold half our garden to help finance the French house... the son of unknown parentage who bought it has put it back on the market after 3 weeks at double the price he paid us for it!! they say there's one born every minute... you're lookin' at two of them he obviously saw us coming...

Really sorry to hear that/ they are out there aren;t they.  Anyway had a fantastic trip, loved St Germain lovely place even has a public loo.haha   Went to house all problems solved, turns out neighbour is really lonely and is really happy we are moving in. Will help us all he can. Going to take him bottle of whisky and a hamper next time.  Found we own alot more land than first thought, nearly half of France. Farmer wants to sell his farm to us as well. Call it Southfork at this rate. Manac Bourg great hotel. Masseret Lovely village with tower. Wife can;t wait to move there, even wuth house and jungle .Notaire working really hard to get things right. Met Dutchman who lives there four years, speaks fluent french although none before. Says only way to learn.  French people really friendly and happy for new people to move in EVEN ENGLISHMEN precise words ha ha

Glad all worked out well Cap'n maybe there's hope for us yet! Hopefully now completing on 29th May- willbe able to compare jungles as well as holes in roof ha ha. Incidentally does anyone have any tips on grazing rights- we have 5 acres of good grazing and would like to let someone use it  until we are out there permanently in 2-3 years time, but have heard horror stories of not getting it back etc

It is a fantastic little town. I ventured into a house that was being renovated down one of the side streets.Top gade stuff going on.The staircase was a work of art. The whole town was in lovely knick, can;t wait to visit in the summer.The place was so clean and tidy. Buy the way purchasing my caravan soon, to leave on site, as we have such a lot of groundwork to do. Manac Bourg is another little gem.Lovely hotel over looking the lake .

Captain 25

New to this forum but found your posts

There is a good English community at St Germain Les Belles as I'm sure you'll find you seem to have found Kurkos tabac try the Snack bar at Magnac Bourg just past the Intermarche

PM me when you are here

Recently lost our old German Shepherd to old age and other dog ( a rogue of a labrador with one eye - Nelson of course!!) is my daughter's so says he can't come only for hols glad to hear we'll be able to home a couple- always have a house full of waifs and strays